What is it? Life in Full Colour : an exhibition of paintings, painted plates, wire story bowls, scoobie bowls, sculptures, recycled woven mats and ceramics.
When is it? 4 February to 4th March 2021
Where is it? Woza Moya Craft shop Hillcrest AIDS Centre Trust 26 Old Main Road Hillcrest.
Join us at the Woza Moya upstairs Gallery, project of the Hillcrest AIDS centre Trust, for a celebration of vibrant colour. The exhibition made possible by funding from the National Art Council, features work by local artists and crafters.
Come and be lifted up by a swathe of colour, be surrounded by an installation of handmade wire telephone baskets and painted plates, vibrant yellows flow into blues, blue flows into green, green flows into oranges and reds and it all ends in a purple and pink fiesta. A customer remarked that this exhibition delivers instant happiness.
One of Woza Moya’s favourites is Sibusiso Duma’s hand painted bird and Cockrill plates which make a stunning wall display. Another treat are Sibusiso Maphumulo’s larger than life angels, these angels perhaps overindulged during Christmas and are an absolute delight.
Sibusiso Maphumulo’s work is highly collectable and has been collected by customers worldwide, for more information on one of the artists a short movie on him can be viewed on facebook.
The exhibition features work by local artists;
- Painting by Sibusiso Duma renowned painter,
- sculptures by Sibusiso Maphumulo,
- carver of flying angels,
- paintings by Nomusa Ngidi local artist,
- ceramic pots by Frank Nthunya ceramicist,
- telephone wire story bowls by Hilda Mgaga,
- paintings by Marjorie Jones a local artist,
- Necklace by Sphamandla Mdluli ,
- a painting by Sue Green a local artist, a kzn Rural weaving group,
- paintings by Kinan Mafa and
- telephone wire bowls by Nela Kahle art and craft group who train and support over 100 rural crafters.
The exhibition is well worth a visit and afterwards you can relax at our open air café Ubuntu ground and enjoy a great coffee, they serve a great carrot and chocolate cake as well as light lunches that are reasonably priced.
If you enjoy gardening our plant nursery has a wide selection of indigenous plants. The Woza Moya Craft shop, plant Nursery and coffee shop are open from 8- 4 Monday to Friday and 8- 2 on a Saturday. We also have a haberdashery and white Elephant Charity shop these are open from 8- 1 pm Monday to Friday only.