Albert Einstein once said “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” Who are we to argue! If it’s nature you’re looking for, then look no further than the Valley of a 1000 Hills!
Take refuge from the busyness and stresses of life and spend time in nature to replenish your soul. The 1000 Hills offers game drives; wildlife sanctuaries; animal farms and conservancies, game-reserves, rivers and dams. One can enjoy horse out-rides; an afternoon fishing; an all-terrain trail; a leisurely walk; a shady picnic or a game drive. Turn off your devices, and switch on your senses!
Here’s some of our favorites things to do in the Valley of a 1000 Hills
- Visit Blue Horizons Riding School and book for lessons or an out-ride.
- Enjoy a walk through Springside Nature Reserve and breathe in fresh air and be treated to some bird watching.
- Head down to Inanda Dam and enjoy fishing, water-skiing or just laze about in the sun.
- Contact one of our registered tour guides and enjoy a guided tour to iSithumba and enjoy the trails along the Mgeni River.
- Hike the trails of Krantzkloof Nature Reserve and visit a waterfall.
- Go rock climbing at Old Baldy, the Caves at Shongweni, the cliffs of Monteseel or Krantzkloof.
- Enjoy a guided game drive at PheZulu Safari Park.
- Contact Aqua Wild and get your scuba certification and book an excursion with them.
There are so many other activities you can enjoy in the Valley of a 1000 Hills that it’s difficult to list them all in one go! Where ever you decide to go though, make sure you mask up and be safe!
Written by Illa Thompson of Publicity Matters and Shelldon Wells.