The HACT Centre is open 6-days a week and is a must see on every visitor’s itinerary. In addition to grabbing a delicious bite to eat in our proudly South African Ubuntu Ground Café, we offer a unique shopping experience for both local and international visitors in our award-winning Woza Moya Craft Shop & Art Gallery.
The HACT Centre is also home to many other inspiring projects which provide training, skills development and income-generating opportunities to members of the local Valley of 1000 Hills communities through our Upcycled Art Centre, Indigenous Plant Nursery, Haberdashery, Charity & Book shops and much, much more.Looking for a memorable and authentic cultural experience? Learn about the rich culture and history of KwaZulu-Natal’s Zulu people through HACT’s Cultural Tours. There is no one better equipped to share this history with you than HACT’s gogos (grannies) who are waiting to welcome you to their families’ rural homesteads. Here, in addition to a delicious home-cooked meal and some lively singing and dancing, our gogos will share some personal insights into their family’s traditions and way of life.
As a non profit organisation, HACT is reliant on donations from the public and all profits generated through our income-generating projects and cultural tours go directly back into our life-saving and life-changing community-based healthcare and education projects.
Thank you for your support, we look forward to welcoming you to our Centre soon!
Good to Know
- Opening Times: Mon –Fri (8am – 4pm), Sat & public holidays (8am – 2pm)
- Conveniently located in central Hillcrest with ample, secure parking
- Full payment options available at our Centre include cash, card and Zapper
- Please contact us in advance to book a guided talk /tour of our HACT Centre or a cultural tour into the Valley of 1000 Hills with our gogos
- HACT is an official charity of the Comrades Marathon
Visited 152 times, 6 Visits today