The month of love is upon us and, there is much to love in the Valley of a 1000 Hills. This month we’ll be focusing on not just romantic love, but the love of living, of drinking, or eating and so much more.
In just 25 minutes you can escape the sweltering concrete jungle that is Durban and head towards the luscious green rolling hills that lie west of the city, an area known for it’s beauty and village-like atmosphere, the Valley of a 1000 Hills.
Once you crest the top of Fields Hill you’ll have arrived in what some say, is one of the healthiest climates in the world thanks to the elevation and distance from the coast. Of course if you arrive by way of the N3, you’ll be surrounded by the stress-relieving views of rolling sugar cane fields and equestrian estates.
So much to do, so little time…
And what is there to do in the Valley of a 1000 Hills? The answer is just far more than we could list in once post, but lets give it a try;
- Eat great foods at the weekend markets or dine at well-loved established restaurants.
- Explore nature reserves and spot wildlife at PheZulu. Throw a line in Inanda Dam or enjoy a weekend camping out near the water’s edge.
- Stretch your legs mountain biking, trail running or maybe take it a little easier and test one of 4 golf courses (by cart of course).
- Get deep massages, your nails and hair done, or maybe treat yourself to a shopping trip at one of the many malls.
- Buy local and support small businesses at Shongweni Farmers Market or “The Mushroom Farm” or Embocraft or WozaMoya.
- Have an adventure quad-biking, zip-lining, or try some archery, or go-karting or 4×4’ing at one of the many sites sprinkled about the Valley of a 1000 Hills.
- Spend a couple of nights at one of our B&B’s and explore.
- Learn to scuba dive at one of South Africas top schools and dive guides, Aqua Wild.
The “we love” campaign
Over the next few weeks, we’ll be sharing our love for the Valley of a 1000 Hills during our “we love the 1000 Hills” campaign. Three times a week we’ll be sharing the amazing experiences our members offer and will be promoting our favorites places to eat, things to do and places to stay.
Check out our Instagram and Facebook accounts for more details and the next time you’re looking for somewhere to stay or visit, take a drive to KwaZulu-Natal’s fastest growing tourism destination!