It is said that all happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast – and at the Valley of a 1000 Hills we are happy to oblige! Fabulous breakfasts – many with a great view – can be enjoyed any day of the week.
If you’re in need of a high-energy breakfast or maybe a brisk business breakfast, we will have a treat just for you in the 1000 Hills. If you want your breakfast with a view of the amazing 1000 Hills or want to be surrounded by the hustle and bustle of a market, there is a spot for you as well.
Lazy Sunday brunch with friends or friendly family breakfasts served at a B&B – there is no excuse not to start your day well when you’re in the Hills – all 1000 of them!
Here are some of our favorite breakfast spots
There are quite a few places you can stop and have breakfast at throughout the week and over weekends. We do recommend that you call ahead to ensure that the restaurants are open and that they are able to accommodate you.
- The Pot and Kettle in Bothas Hill – a well known local restaurant owned and run by Heidi. Great breakfasts and amazing views over the 1000 Hills.
- The Nature Company in Gillits – great breakfasts server surrounded by a nursery.
- Bellevue Cafe – Situated near the top of Fields Hill, this has been a popular choice for many people, serving both full English breakfasts and lighter health options as well.
- PheZulu Safari Park – Another attraction that offers great breakfast over looking the Valley of 1000 Hills. And as an added bonus, you can treat yourself to a tour of the crocodile park after.
- The Greenhouse Cafe – a relative newcomer, this restaurant offers value for money breakfasts in the nursery.
- The Mushroom Farm – There are two (possibly even three) options at the Mushroom Farm. You can’t go wrong with “Go Fresh Cafe”.
- Talloula – Another well known and fantastic spot set in Bothas Hill. Fantastic breakfasts but definitely phone ahead.
- The Shongweni Farmers Market – This is the grand-daddy of breakfast spots in the 100 Hills, the only problem is it’s only open on Saturdays (thank goodness for my waste-line!). On market day there are loads of different breakfast options.
These are just some of the sites that we’ve visited and love, but there are many more options to choose from. Check there out as well.
- Oscars Cafe in Hillcrest
- Bonna Terra Cafe in Assagay
- Eldorado Spur in Hillcrest
- Cafe Mayfair in Hillcrest
- Navaho Spur in Waterfall
There are many more options we’re sure we’ve missed, but that just means we get to explore and discover them! Spend some time in the Valley of 1000 Hill this February and enjoy the best of KwaZulu-Natal.
Written by Illa Thompson of Publicity Matters and Shelldon Wells.