1000 Hills Community Tourism supports Ethekwini Enviro Week. The idea is for the public to be reminded to care for the environment and honour the various special themed days which fall in March.
This includes Water Week, several special environmental days (Recycling Day, Water Day, Frog Day & Day of Forests), as well as National Human Rights Day and Library week.
“The devastating floods hit home for all of us living in Durban. Everyone has some touchpoint with the floods, which we know to be caused by the climate crisis,” said Nomfundo Phewa of Green Corridors. “There are over 150 organisations working in Durban to help educate and inspire people to take action and collaborate.”
The idea is to enjoyable enviro activities all over eThekwini; showcase and raise the profile and visibility of organisations operating in eThekwini; raise public awareness and shift perceptions about how people interact with the environment, especially in a time of climate change; demonstrate the interconnectedness between environmental concerns and how we live.
We invite visitors, residents and friends to 1000 Hills to enjoy the outdoor, enviro and green options on offer.
The Great Outdoors.
(Switch off your devices and bond with Mother Nature)
- Morewood Farm – is a membership driven activity centre on a 30ha Farm in central Hillcrest with mountain-biking, trail-running, walking, hiking, birding and a kids play area.
- Molweni Adventures – is the umbrella company set up to facilitate the development of eco-tourism in Molweni.
- Mondini Adventure Park – Wild camp under the stars and sleep to the sounds of the river. It’s safe and beautiful and best of all, only 30 minutes from Durban.
- Isithumba -Travelers come for get aways, tours, hiking, kayaking, biking, cultural experiences, or even to simply enjoy the amazing climate. Here the summer days are warm while the winter days are crisp and clear.
- Cotswold Leisure Centre – Cotswold Downs golf course features rolling hills, contoured fairways, immaculate greens and stunning water features – as beautiful as it is challenging.
- Hillcrest Conservancy – formed by volunteers who share the same interests of preserving the Hillcrest area.
- Kloof Conservancy – an active and vibrant organisation run by volunteers who aim to promote environmental awareness and conserve Kloof’s heritage.
- Springside Nature Reserve – it conserves 21 ha of forest, grassland and wetland, and is managed by the eThekwini municipality and Hillcrest Conservancy
- NU Driving Range – A golf driving range in Hillcrest.
For the Adventurous.
(Feel the adrenalin pumping!)
- Highstakes Venue – in Cato Ridge, Motocross, Quad Trails, Archery, Paintball, Zipline.
- Hillcrest Paintball & Infinite Adventures – Comprising of a variety of paintball fields making this Durban’s finest paintball venue. Infinite Adventures offer structured packages which can be tailor made to suit the participants and occasion,
- Honey Trails – is one of the many interesting formal places to hike in 1000 Hills.
- Upper Highway Rail Trail – is a 9 km popular green single-track trail located near Kloof.
Good to Know:
You can view the programme here: www.enviroweek.co.za.
Co-ordinaator eThekwini Enviro Week 2023
Tel: 072 6928124